10-18 yrs old
The Four Corners Freeride Comp team is designed for accomplished Freeride athletes, ages 10 to 18. Participants must be comfortable on steep variable terrain and all snow conditions. This program is designed to further skill and tactical acquisition using the International Freeskiing and Snowboarding Association's (IFSA) Judging Criteria for Freeride Competitions. Athletes can expect to train in all disciplines of skiing, including steeps, trees, moguls, park and pipe and alpine racing. Each day of training will include specific drills that focus on technique and tactical improvement interspersed with free runs. Most athletes in this program will be competing on the IFSA Junior tour, however, non-competitive members are encourage to join as well. Athletes will ski with in a similar age group with an experienced and qualified coaches.
*There is a minimum ability level for this program, athletes that aren't ready for this program will be moved to the Development Team. If you're not sure which program is right for your athlete please contact, Head Coach, Brian Buerger, for guidance.
- 15 Saturdays at Purgatory
- 15 Sundays at either Wolf Creek, Purgatory, or Silverton Mtn. depending on availability and conditions
- Ski Tuning Support and Clinics (parents welcome)
- Total coaching time: 180 hours approximately
Tuition does NOT include:
- Purgatory / Hesperus Ski Pass
- Wolf Creek Lift Ticket (TBA *prices may vary per season)
- Dryland Training facilitated by Illite Fitness every Monday and Thursday - 5pm to 6pm. (payable in registration)
- Silverton Mountain "Guided Season" Lift Ticket ($59 Sundays only in January)
- Avalanche Safety Equipment: Beacon, Shovel, Probe, and Backpack (Silverton Mtn. Only)
- Wednesday Night Training at Hesperus Ski Area ( $75 extra )
- Travel Fees (only if traveling to competitions)
- IFSA License (Competitors only)
- Lunch and Sunscreen
- Front entry 4 buckle boot
- Athletes should have at least two pairs of skis: a mid-fat ski (75-90cm waist, size dependent) for hard snow and a Fat ski (95-110+ waist, size dependent) for soft conditions. Center mounting of ski bindings is NOT recommended for Freeride.
- Appropriate Length Poles
- Properly fitted helmet
- Well-fitting goggles and gloves.
- Appropriate jackets and pants for various weather conditions.
- Sunscreen and Lunch