Who should apply?
- Applicant has at least an advanced intermediate ability level (comfortable on double blues)
- Financial Assistance is based on need, income and motivation and decided by the Financial Assistance Committee
When is the application due?
- Applications must be received by September 27, 2015.
- Applications may be mailed to DWSF, P.O. Box 4104, Durang, CO 81301
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered!
How do I apply?
- Download, print and fill out the application below.
- All applications reviewed only by the Scholarship Committee—office staff, coaches and program directors do not have the ability to offer financial assistance.
Criteria under consideration:
- Academic Performance: 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Citizenship, Leadership, and Sportsmanship
- Ability/desire to contribute back to the DWSF program
Athletic Scholarship Application
USSA membership is not required for non-compete athletes or to participate in local fun races/competitions. An annual membership is required for only those athletes who wish to compete in major events.
Heads Up: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html
Concussion in Youth Sports is a free, online course available to coaches, parents, and others helping to keep athletes safe from concussion. It features interviews with leading experts, dynamic graphics and interactive exercises, and compelling storytelling to help you recognize a concussion and know how to re-spond if you think that your athlete might have a concussion.
Once you complete the training and quiz, you can print out a certificate, making it easy to show your team you are ready for the season. Free online