DWSF Mission Statement
The mission of the Durango Winter Sports Foundation (DWSF) is to help young athletes achieve great things as individuals and as competitors by providing financial, developmental, and organizational support to the athletes, their coaches, clubs, and programs.
DWSF Vision Statement
To fulfill the mission of the Durango Winter Sports Foundation (DWSF) by:
- Supporting programs which utilize winter sports activities to not only introduce young athletes to the value of lifetime involvement with sport but also help develop athletes who are ethical, respectful, and disciplined individuals;
- Supporting, and encouraging competent, qualified coaches;
- Providing opportunities and scholarships for DWSF athletes to compete at the local, regional, national, and international level;
- Recognizing and publicizing local kids doing great things through the achievements of current and former athletes;
- Working with local ski areas, parks and recreation departments, and the ski industry to maintain, improve, and promote winter sports facilities and opportunities in the Durango area;
- Engaging and working with communities in the Durango area to meet the objectives of the DWSF;
- Establishing and maintaining relations with other sports organizations in the Durango area to provide assistance in attaining mutual goals;
- Maintaining memberships and representation in the United States Ski & Snowboard Association (USSA), the USSA Rocky Mountain Division,Rocky Mountain Nordic, and other similar entities and cooperating with those organizations to attain mutual goals; and
- Providing a vehicle for fund raising for the respective teams of the DWSF.